Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mulberry Bush

Right now it's 11:39 p.m. and someone down the street is banging away on something. It sounds like a dismantlement of some kind. How cruelly the more yobbo aspects of this neighbourhood continue to assert themselves like a fungus on too old bread.

I'm still up because I'm avoiding sleep and I'm avoiding sleep because going to bed will bring tomorrow soon enough, and frankly I can't be bothered.

Hassan wrote about feeling like everyone around you is crazy although on a far more compelling level than I'm feeling. Nevertheless, today was relentlessly frustrating, one of those days that made me wonder why I bother.

I cling ever closer to the notion of an office free future.

1 comment:

The Brown Blogger said...

DON'T AVOID SLEEP or anything restful for that matter. You are okay and the rest of the world should adjust to you (or that's how you should feel)seeing as they are the crazy ones...