Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Warm November

We've had a better November than most this year. Usually by mid-month, your nose gets singed by cold, but it's been mostly rainy with a enough sunny golden etched days to make up for it. I haven't been writing or reading much. I'm keeping my head above water and feeling on top of things, but that's only because I don't try and do it all. Something has to give, and this past month it's been my writing, both here and in my journals and my reading, both books and other blogs.

It was my grandmother's birthday last Monday and it's now slowly sinking in that I won't see her this Christmas, even though some part deep inside me knew at the time that Christmas 2008 would be our last together. I picked up a box of things she left me on Saturday. I went through it at my folks, brought it home, and put it underneath the hutch. It will be there a while. I don't want to go through its contents again for quite some time.

My workouts continue to go well and I am the strongest I've ever been. Yet I'm looking out right now at the unrelenting rain, and just want to be home sipping a coffee. It seems like all I do is work or workout these days. The Marine is lost to our basement reno. We are both tired. Our house is in chaos. Nothing at work, seems to work these days. There is too much to do, and not enough of my brain to take it all in.

I am fed up.

1 comment:

eloquentpilgrim said...

Hang in there, Zesty.
I lost my Grandmother around Christmas as well some years back. It gets easier and you eventually embrace the memories this time of year...becomes comforting. Work is work.Home reno is blessing / curse. Curl up with your Marine and dream of the end result.

I'm pulling for ya.

xo