It's been an eventful last few months.
I got a new job, which has had its requisite highs and lows but overall has been a good move for me. The people are very nice, which was a relief. I'm always wary of the a**hole factor having worked with so many in the past. And I have been able to extricate myself from the advertising industry, which has also proved to be a welcome respite.
It's great making more money, but I'm always trying to balance my need for a F*ck You Fund and wanting to live my life. I suppose we all deal with this, the balancing act between wants and needs. It's frustrating.
Still, I'm meandering along trying to figure it all out and my role in it. I'm doing my best to move things forward in my life. I've been thinking a lot about this blog lately and the fact that I used to write in it at far more a frequency than I do now. I think there's three reasons for this.
Firstly, I was just in a better place. Life was a bit more stable and I felt more inclined to write. Secondly, I started this blog when social media hadn't really gained any traction and frankly, I just enjoy it more. It's a different way of documenting my life and more visual. Thirdly, I use my writing as therapy sometimes and for that, I really prefer my journal. I feel no need to put every single snippet of my life online for public consumption.
Plus what writing I am doing tends now to be more creative in nature (not a bad thing) and more in snippets.
As a result, I think my writing here will continue to be infrequent, as least that's what I think for the moment.
But I'm much more prepared than I used to be for things to change. We'll see.
Sunday, November 12, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment