Yesterday morning started out like this:
I get to a light. Dude in front signals he's turning left at the last minute. I angle my car to the right, getting ready to pull out behind him when the light is green. Light goes green. He goes straight. I yell "A**HOLE!" We get to the next set of lights. I turn right into the crescent in front of the apartment building, go around the lights and keep on going. I notice he's turning left at this light instead, with a police car cordoning off the street and about 5 fire trucks dealing with some calamity, except he won't see it until he's turned down the street and it's too late to turn back. I laugh uproariously, feeling justice has been served.
I get to the next light and feel bad, feel like I am not myself. Maybe he just changed his mind, didn't realize I was trying to accommodate him. I've done this too. Maybe he was in his own purple world. Perhaps, just perhaps there was no agenda to tick me off.
Just over a year ago, I was over the moon about my new job. Today, I find myself in the position I always find myself in: Exhausted and lit like a Christmas tree at the least perceived offense.
I got up early this morning. I have a cold working on me and couldn't breathe well, hence I didn't sleep well. But I did watch a good show that talked about the power of our words. There was also a real nice riff about "frustrated angels" who are waiting for us to stop complaining and to start enpowering them to help us in our lives. I've been mulling over one of my books lately, the one about an angel and all of a sudden, all this angel stuff is popping up in my life. It's cool.
But last night I did a long entry about my frustrations with work at the moment. I certainly didn't say anything bad about anyone, but just gave voice to my fatigue. I've just got too much on my plate but instead of venting about it, I need to take some action and try to remedy the situation as best I can.
So angels, if you're reading this blog consider it a call to arms, cause I need all the help I can get right now.
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment