Friday, October 12, 2007

A Fromans Folio Exclusive

With props to Ragdoll for the format and indirect tagging.

1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?

I've no preference but if I had to choose I'd say hardcover because they look the most substantial on a shelf.

2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it: Fromans Folio!

3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…

I have two:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Animal Farm, George Orwell.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife" - Pride and Predjudice, Jane Austen

4. The author (alive or diseased) I would love to have lunch with would be…

Virginia Woolf. No contest.

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except from the SAS survival guide, it would be…

The Bible.

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that…

Makes the words glow in the dark.

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…

Antique and thrift shops, other lives, where the books were, the people who had them and what they went through.

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be…

Claire in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.

9. The most overestimated book of all time is…

Da Vinci Code, I'm looking at you.

10. I hate it when a book…

Was all a dream.

No comments: