Monday, December 05, 2005

Letters and Care Bears

So I went up to my folks on Saturday and was introduced to a new game that Rosy plays with Papa Barney. It's called, "The Care Bears Go To School And Learn Their Letters But Sometimes Rosy Is Off Sick So She Can't Bring Anything For Snack Day."

I was given the role of a student. I decided that my name was Anna Belle, and as part of my constructed emotional life, made a deal with myself that if I could in fact think of a word that began with "C", I would take it as a sign that my dear Jeffrey would as last come home from the front, and we could put this bloody war behind us.

As it was, I came up with the word "cow" and my performance was, of course, a triumph.

Afterwards, Rosy decided to put me through my paces, drilling me on the names of the aforementioned Care Bears.

"Ok Zesty. You have to name them. Name them all."

"Name them all?"

"Yes."

"Hmmm. Ok."

"Cheer Bear."

"Yes!"

"Lotsa Heart"

"Yes!"

"Best Friend Bear"

"Yes!"

"Uhhhhh....Burger Bear!"

"No!"

"Pick Up My Laundry Bear!"

"No!"

"RUMBLE Bear."

"NO! NO! NO!" at which point Rosy crumpled into a heap and laughed hysterically.

That's what I love about four year olds. It doesn't take much to be a comedic genius.

Now let's see...

"Bashful Bear, Lionheart, Love-A-Lot....."

No comments: