Well it was bound to happen.
Friday morning I was heading to a meeting at the downtown office when I spotted a Second Cup. A little voice inside my head said "Oh. Hell.Yeah." and before I knew it, I had a coffee and a muffin in hand.
Coffee!
AND a muffin!
It was all down hill from there. As soon as that java goodness hit my tastebuds I was a goner.
Saturday I had chicken fingers. Sunday I had cake! Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh Lawwwwwwwwwwwwwd.
The results? I'm pleasantly surprised really. Other than some congestion in my ears I'm ok, so my regime up to now has obviously done me some good. But through this expereience, a few things have become
abundantly obvious:
1. I need to research and plan more. If I have one more nut butter sandwich for breakfast I'm going to completely freakin' lose it. A kamut/macadamia nut butter sandwich is not radically removed from a spelt/hazlenut butter sandwich. I put pumpkin seed butter on kamut bread this morning. Not only did it look like liqufied sh*t, but it didn't taste far off either. [Not that I've had first had experience with eating sh*t, but you get my metaphorical drift I'm sure Dear Reader.]
2. Every five to six weeks, I'm going to take 2-3 days to eat just what I want. Trying to remember and maintain a diet exclusively free of at least 50 things including broad groups like wheat, milk and sugar is pretty taxing on the brain. Sometimes you just need to let off some steam.
3. I cannot wait until I don't have to do this anymore. Yeah. I damn well said it.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah...I'm so jealous! And can't wait to get to that point. Enjoy! And good on ya. I think it's a brilliant plan.
I was recently (3 years ago) diagnosed with about a million "mild" to moderatetly severe allergies that were causing everything from IBS to chronic rhinitis to asthma. I went from being one of those "I'm not allergic to anything" types to one of those "are there any nuts in these yummy treats?" types. Blech. A page in my life turned the day I was given a prescription for an Epi pen. I feel your pain!!
Post a Comment