It is not good for all our wishes to be fulfilled. Through sickness, we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest." -- Dorothy Canfield Fisher
Well I'm as ready as I'll ever be for work tomorrow. My sinus infection rebounded yesterday but I seem to be ok this morning. I went up to Brampton yesterday for a formal celebration of my Dad's 60th birthday. It was a tonic. It was great to see old friends and eat good food and laugh. And despite how tempting it all was, I did very well and stayed on the wagon allergy wise. It's truly starting to get easier, and I'm hoping it will result in my head not feeling like it's going to implode all the time. I'm just trying to stay focused on the longer term and not get trapped in "all or nothing" thinking, my usual spirals of "oh God. I'll always be in a corporate job, I'll never be a writer/singer/actor /whatever, I'll always be tired." etc. etc. I know logically that's not true.
It just feels that way sometimes.
So I hope to be back in the saddle with regular blogging again. In the meantime, check out this interesting article from the Guardian UK about the most influential pop acts of all time. One of those nice things you stumble across now and again.
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment