Monday, April 16, 2007

Le Zest, C'est Best

As a high school friend once remarked, “I’ve had finer moments.”

It was about 1:00 pm today when I discovered that I was wearing my top inside out. Fortunately I don’t think too many people noticed because it’s a black Mandarin shirt with red and white stitching. But still, it ranks right up there with when I got introduced to the head of our division only to discover later that I’d had a flake of luncheon croissant on my face the whole time.

Speaking of croissants, I am now part of the super secret collective founded by my niece Rosy. This collective, in whom my mother and several of Rosy’s school chums are members, involves being Rosy’s honorary sibling. In light of my mother’s condition, the Marine and I have been called in as stand bys and are now also Rosy’s brother and sister. Of course, our secret cannot be revealed to anyone. If we are asked what we are talking about, we are simply to reply “We’re talking about croissants.”

Don’t ask me where she gets this stuff from. I don’t know.

In other Zesty news, I’m trying to summon up the courage to go take Hip Hop dance lessons. I’m still feeling a bit too chubby to go though. But I seriously need to start doing some cardio. On the upswing, I am doing pilates on my own now as well as at my once a week class. I may be Reubenesque, but I’m strong. I’m also getting in as much walking as I can. I’ve decided that this year, I’m going to focus pretty much exclusively on my physical state and getting that in order. All other paths seem to lead to that one big obstacle, so this is the year to knock it down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hay hay hayyyyyy zesty-I noticed you haven't been on in awhile...

Yeah I've incorporated exercise as well...walking-cardio...its a great thing...something I want to maintain...best of luck to you on knocking that wall down...I think hiphop dance class would be a good thing....Tell the instructor to put on a lil MaryJ-Family Affair for you...lol

The Brown Blogger said...

And then some Tom Jones