Monday, April 30, 2007

It Is What It Is

For the last month or so, I’ve been in the no man’s land of hospital visits, work and tax preparation. We were two years behind and got one of those “Love, The Government” letters. Still, it’s a relief to have it done and off my mind, just in time for my car to crap out.

Again.

What is it with me and cars? For someone who loves to drive you’d think my karma would be somewhat better in this regard, but no. Had the car in a couple of weeks ago and got a tune up. Still something wasn’t quite right. I’m still getting a noise when I turn to the left. Actually it’s now turned into a screech. So I just said to hell with it. The car is sitting in the drive way until next pay cause that way I’m not totally strapped for two weeks. I’d rather take public transit and have a life, thanks very much.

I suppose the problem could be covered by warranty, but two weeks won’t make a difference there and I’d rather not have to take the car home again if I need to pony up cash. I don’t want to drive any more than I have to right now as it’s nerve wracking.

So I have decided to let the rest fall by the wayside and focus on the things that are causing me great joy at the moment, things such as:

Number 1
Current Score:

Mum: 1
Acute Myeloid Leukemia: 0

My mum kicked some serious ass and got out of hospital days early as her good blood counts have come roaring back. It’s a relief to say the least. On to phase 2.

Number 2
Madonna goes to Malawi and the orphans pelt the papparrazi with stones. LOVE. IT.

Number 3
I haven’t seen a picture of Britney Spears without shoes in at least a month.

Number 4
I got a refund on my taxes, which means I can have a spa day in the very near future.

Number 5
Cuteoverload.com. Best damn site ever. [Second to Hassan's Myspace joint of course, assuming I can ever find it]

Number 6
Goldfrapp. All hail their smutty smack beats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooooh spa day sounds lovely...
You dont know Hassan's myspace?

Glad your mom is ok...

I was wondering where u been. If I don't see Zesty in my comments I start to panic lol lol

Be good and yes It is what it is