Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dis N' Dat

Early this morning I awoke to find Terror seated beside me. He took my hand and said “You do realize you only have two months to learn an entire play’s worth of lines right?”

This was just before I fell back asleep and dreamt the Marine had a glass of ginger ale so big, he had to rest it on a milk crate. I was laughing at him because it looked so funny and he laughed too and said “But I’m so thirsty!”

I am also developing an unhealthy obsession with Malteezers lately.

[GYNO ALERT!]

I had my you-know-what last week and I’ve been totaled for this one. I’m now approaching six months of supplementation so I’ll be speaking to the saw bones on this forthwith. This just shouldn’t be happening anymore, but on the plus side I am still feeling way better than I used to so it's important to keep that in mind.

[END GYNO ALERT]

So I’ve been struggling on as best I can, counting the days to my two week vacation in January. I found out yesterday I didn’t get a more senior position I’d applied for at work, but it’s probably just as well. There were some aspects I don’t think I would have enjoyed much anyway. As my Granny used to say, "what’s for you won’t go by you, good or bad", so you just have to trust that things work out as they should.

In the meantime, I’ve been spending lunches and evenings researching talent agencies in the city. I’m just trying to plan ahead a little bit and be prepared. Hell, I may do a mail out and see if I can get some of them to come see me in my show. I’ll see how I feel closer to the time.