Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Counting Down...

This morning, I looked out our upstairs window to see what we call "the Shrek Cat" in our neighbourhood taking a huge dump in our yard. A foot of snow has turned our yard into a glorified litter box.

Oh the holidays. Can't. Come. Soon. Enough.

Last night I couldn't get to sleep. Neither could the Marine. I ended up saying that end of November I'd been looking forward to Christmas, now I just want it over with. He said I reminded him of a kid who'd torn the arms off their favourite doll. He thought that was sad. I had to agree, but it's just one of those years where the holidays have sneaked up on me. What are you gonna do? You just have a bad year once in a while so I've settled in with my anemic grumps cause hey, I could be one of the kids that watched their Mom get wiped out by a snow plow during the storm last Sunday. Perspective is everything.

Workwise, I finally got through everything I "must" do prior to Christmas and now I'm hoping I can slow down a bit. I'm looking forward to two weeks of sleeping in and watching movies. I'm also going back to see that psychic that I saw last year so that should be interesting.

I'm still nursing my crush on Atonement. I think the last movie I was taken with this much was Kingdom of Heaven. Discovering James McAvoy has been like finding a ruby ring in a box of buttons. What a phenomenally talented actor he is. I thought Kiera Knightley really came into her own with Atonement as well. I was very impressed by her.

That's my dream, to be a part of a film this magnificent.

But maybe I should finish my Christmas shopping first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAY ZESTY!!!
Hope you have a safe and fun Christmas!!