I don't think I'd ever been so glad to get to the end of a week as I was last night. I have to admit that after two more days of orientation, any doubt about my new job left me.
As it stands now, I'm just trying to not keep my frustration in check and get things ready for my departure. For the first time in my career, I won't be heading into an environment where I have to build things from the ground up and leave detailed instructions for my successor. Instead, I'm picking up where somebody else left off. What a concept. It's a feeling of complete and utter relief.
Slowly but surely, I am restructuring and breaking bad patterns in my life.
Although I have to say, it will be interesting having my tech week for the show the same week I start my new job. We've made great progress though and I'm pretty much fully off book now, due in no small measure to the Marine running lines with me. It has, however, caused us no small amount of hilarity having him do all the different voices and accents. I live with Richard Burton. Who knew?
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment