Sunday, April 27, 2008

Point and Click

I was moving the blind back this morning so Jerry could have a good look out the window and enjoy the sun. For the first time this year, it was warm enough to smell the earth. It reminded me of being little. It's that "school is ending soon smell" you only get in the spring.

This weekend was a bit of a write off. I completely fell to pieces on Saturday in that I was exhausted and strung out. I don't know if the job is getting to me or other aspects of my life finally caught up with me. I'm just weird that way. I can literally experience the physicality of something weeks, sometimes months later. It's as if my body has a delayed response to stress. What it was, I don't know. But I do know that it takes more than a busy week at the office to buckle me.

That being said, despite how nice everybody is I'm really not sure about this job. More specifically, I'm not sure I want to remain in Interactive at all. I'm so tired of working in an arena most of my colleagues simply don't understand or appreciate, of constantly having to battle the perception that a point and click is all it takes to get things done.

For now, I'm focusing on what I can accomplish today. And I'll try to calm down.

Heavenly Hash ice cream works wonders in that regard, I must admit. LOL!

No comments: