Sunday, April 20, 2008

Summer Breeze

Of course Hassan was right. This week, despite the brutal amount of work I had coupled with my seemingly never ending disengagement with all things corporate, wasn't that bad.

Things at the new gig are settling down and I'm starting to feel like I actually know what I'm doing and where things are at. There's been a few bumps along the way, but nothing that didn't teach me a thing or two, and for the first time in ages, I'm having moments where I feel genuinely happy and content, as if some great weight has lifted.

And this weekend has presented sunshine, low winds and temps in the low 20's. We're all in summer shock.

I hope we still get some spring like days, but no matter if we don't. Winter was hard. I'm glad it's done.

I finally caved in and joined Facebook. I have not done so in any meaningful way. It's more because I really should have a better idea of how the damn thing works as far as my job is concerned. But it has been fun checking up on people to see where they're at in their lives and how they are doing.

I could be out in the garden this weekend getting things done, but that can wait. I'm just going to enjoy the sunshine and the birds and read some good books. My play seems like it was a year ago. Funny how time plays tricks on you like that. Having some time back to myself has been great.

And although the idea of my job contract ending next spring and having time off is appealing, it's become evident that my new salary presents the not too minor temptation of the ability to get paint and furniture and paving stones for the back garden. After 7 years, actually making my home how I want it to be has become a bonafide possibility. Is a whole summer to myself worth the prospect of yet another year of white walls?

We'll see.

1 comment:

The Brown Blogger said...

Told you so.


Wow, a shout on my birthday too.

I could kiss you.