I am craving potato chips.
Today was one of corporate decadence. I went home for lunch, despite bringing it in with me in the first place. I really should go home for lunch more often.
In 40 minutes I had put laundry on, rinsed my sinuses, heated up my lunch and partook of it while watching as much as I could of an episode of Rome. I felt like I'd been out of the office for hours and it was just the tonic I needed for an upcoming meeting I had upon my return.
It went Oh. Kay. It's interesting to be the new/temp person, trying to navigate the minefield of agendas, but at the same time not really having to care since I'm basically done in less than a year. Still there are times where I want to yell "For God's sake trust me! I know what I"m doing here people!"
I can understand it. The company and in particular the people I work with have been through a lot in the last few months. I'm just trying to roll with things and have asked my manager for help working through it.
As I like to say, "Go in positive. Come OUT negative." LOL!
Oh and despite my declarations to the contrary, I sent my resume in for an audition. Kind of hoping they don't get in touch, but I couldn't help myself. Is that weird?
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment