Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dear Diary

I've been sifting through old papers and cassette tapes, reconciling the loss of the Maritimer. It's been good to look back, to remember the beginning of things, to cry, to learn, to count my blessings past and present. So many aspects of that time have come rushing back to me. I'm still trying to make sense of it all. And I really wish the Marine was home. I've missed him.

As part of this personal archeology, I did come across another item: my diary from my school trip to Quebec City when I was 12 years old.

Ahem...a drum roll please:

1983/05/26

Today was the first day of the trip. The bus ride was very pleasant, and the scenery was beautiful. We stopped for lunch at Mallorytown. We then continued on, and stopped at a brochure office, and information centre. We stopped at Olympic Stadium and went on a tour. Then we went straight to Quebec City, had dinner at the Spagetti house, checked at the hotel, and then went on a tour. The old buildings are beautiful. [I actually did spell Spaghetti that way!]

1983/05/26 [for some reason it's the same date]

We went on a lot of tours today. We had breakfast at the Complex "G" cafeteria and dinner too. We went to the Citadelle. It was really big. It rained most of the day so it wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be. We went to a museum.

And after that there is nothing. My muse never struck again apparently. LOL!

No comments: