Monday, August 31, 2009

Love Letter

My darling, I want to let you know how much I love you. There are a billion reasons why. Here are just some of them.

You healed my heart, and continue to do so.

You convinced me and then proved, that loving someone again was a risk worth taking.

Even the most skitterish and shy of animals will always let you pet them. They sense your inherent kindness.

When I am sad, you let me cry. When I am tired, you let me sleep. You let me be right where I am and let me feel what I feel.

You cook me a lot of dinners and they are delicious.

You love books and art and music.

You are your own person and love me for who I am.

You subject me to various and plentiful acts of compassion a day; making me a cup of tea, taking out the garbage, giving me a hug, giving me solitude.

You raise your eyebrows up and down and it always makes me laugh.

You let me love you too.

No comments: