On Sunday, I weighed myself at my parents' home because I don't have a scale myself. Not a sausage. The scale had not budged one bit. I put it down to the icecream therapy I had utilized during my sinus infection. Seriously, 15 minutes of cold icecream settled at the back of my throat did more to dull the pain than ibuprofen.
But I digress.
I was surprised to see no loss of weight on the scale, primarily because my clothes are looser and I do look a little thinner. I suppose the scale will catch up eventually, and to be honest, I really have to get into the cardio asap. I've got my Pudge Nudge mix already to go.
Today, however, I had my pilates class. I was quite apprehensive because I had missed two classes in a row. Two weeks ago, my instructor was sick and had to cancel, and last week I was certainly in no condition to attend. I really expected to be back to square one, anticipating a session like my first when my muscles were stiff and uncooperative.
What a pleasant surprise when I discovered not only did I not lose ground, but I was actually able to push myself more this session! I also noticed that after days of hacking and coughing, my stomach muscles weren't sore at all. So maybe that served as an alternate core workout.
I finish my last antibiotic tomorrow and today, felt normal for the first time in about two weeks. Plus to put it all in context, you can't be well all the time. My last prescription was in December 2004. Yes, nearly a year and half of not taking an antibiotic. That's a record y'all. I was anticipating I'd feel draggy for weeks. Instead, I am decidedly back in the saddle.
Can a spinning class be far behind?
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, sometimes I find taking a break from working out really helps in the long run!
Post a Comment