Friday, June 08, 2007

Ole

Well, I'm off this evening for a well deserved margarita session with the girls.

We got in late from from the funeral service last night and I watched a PVR of Oprah to wind down. It was a show about hatred and they mentioned the Implicit Association Test that measures various responses. It tests things like people's response to race, weight, nationality etc.

The show also posed the question of how well you know yourself. Malcolm Gladwell was on and he had taken the test, only to be quite shocked to see he had a moderate preference for white people. I suppose that would be rather shocking if your mom was a black Jamaican woman!

So I took the test and my results??

You have completed the Black People-White People IAT.
The line immediately below summarizes the results of your task performance.

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between White People and Black People

YA DAMN RIGHT!

No comments: