Sunday, March 09, 2008

Noises Off

Well after a week of rehearsing/performing I'm finally getting to crash today with no performances until Wednesday. Yay!

So the summary is:

New job - meh.

Opening night - a triumph really in all respects. I had folks asking me at the after show wine and cheese if I was a professional. A PROFESSIONAL! Another quote from the evening: "The best show I've seen here in 30 years." Sure, it's community theatre but so what? I'll take what I can get.

2nd night - Well the second night curse hit. After a relentless week and the adrenaline rush of opening night, we had a literal comedy of errors backstage and on. Props left on or off, missed lines [I had to pinch hit in scene 4 last night LOL!], unprovoked attacks by stage curtains, my last scene dress getting put on backwards and a weary audience of about 35 who had trudged through one of the worst winter storms ever to get there. There were about as tired as we were I think.

Ah theatre. Never boring.

2 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

I'm glad you did well.

Can I have an autographed headshot?

indigo herself said...

when you get a chance, read honest to blog on my site, there's info for you. glad the theatre stuff is going well.