This week has felt eternal.
Everyone I've talked to is hitting the February wall. We are grey, tired and frozen.
My medication is helping me sleep in the sense that I feel for the first time in years that I have actually done so, but I couldn't tell you the last time I was so work tired. I'm white knuckling it until Monday, when my boss returns. We'll go through an inevitable recalibration, but the worst is over.
How I have hung on since October I don't know. But what I have discovered is that the Employee From Hell has fared just fine thanks very much despite everyone's fears that they would fall to pieces, and that having gotten more involved on the content side, it's become abundantly clear how consumately full of shit they were, how much they were puffing up the reality of their contribution. Frankly, I'm still puzzled as to why they went out of their way to create more work and make it fundamentally more difficult than it needed to be.
I suppose this past situation is on my mind because my new employee is so the polar opposite, so funny, so skilled, so wonderful to work with that it's like a completely different department. Or put another way, it's nice to feel somebody has my back, instead of trying to put a knife in it. It's nice to finally get on with things and leave a bad situation to memory.
Speaking of bad situations, my work out this morning was hard. HARD Y'ALL. I had absolutely nothing to give, but somehow I got through it.
Oh what I wouldn't give right now though to leave for a morning work out in 10 degrees and sunrise.
I'm still continuing to tone up, however, any loss of inches around around my waist continues to elude me. I will keep trucking however, and perhaps talk to my new sawbones about this situation next week. In the meantime, my trainer has me doing a food journal. I hate food journals, but I'll do it anyway. I just inevitably forget and then have to remember three days of meals.
I can't remember my middle name most days. I can tell you the dialogue from a Love Boat episode I watched 30 years ago, but the short term stuff, eh not so good.
I was also inspired by my workout by the soundtrack at the club. I went on an old school download binge at Itunes today. The Covergirls. OMG! I remember them!
Enjoy. We goin' all out y'all.
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
February wall, YES! I'm crankier than all get out and if I slept any more I'd be hibernating. Is it just me or did the wall come earlier this year?
Post a Comment