At last, a week of glorious vacation is upon me. I have no immediate plans, although doing my workouts, sleeping in, going to the museum and seeing some movies courtesy of the gift card I got for Christmas are currently on the agenda.
Last night I didn't get home until 9:30, but it was well worth sucking it up and doing the voice over session. The prospect isn't hanging over my head now and I can truly enjoy my time off. If I'm honest, I did have a genuine case of nerves about the whole thing. It was good to get it out of the way.
The woman I worked with has been in the industry for 20 years, and she was absolutely amazing. I learned more in my session last night than I have in my previous sessions combined. I'm proud of myself. I just went for it and I think I did a good job and the best I could. I'm really happy with how my reel turned out, and I think I've got a good chance at getting an agent this year.
This week was a little bumpy in that my Granny had to go into hospital again. But she's rallied and is going to be home by tomorrow.
Between that, seeing my doctor and finally getting this voice session out of the way, I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief for the first time in a very long time. It was nice to leave the office by 6:15 instead of my usual 11 pm finish before a vacation. It was nice to know that people were still at the office who could deal with anything that came up.
It was nice to feel all caught up.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment