Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Great Moments In Bargain History

Friends, Romans is proud to present another installment of its exclusive series, Great Moments In Bargain History.

ADT

Well given that Ragdoll and my parents have both been burglarized within months of each other, the Marine and I decided to move up the timing on our decision to get an alarm system for our house. We decided to go with ADT, as that's what my folks have and we've heard good things from them.

We booked our appointment and a couple of days before our salesperson was due to arrive, we discovered that we had two $50 off coupons for -wait for it - ADT! So when the sales person came round, he said the he would look into the coupons for us.

The next day I got a message on my voicemail at work from him. Apparently the coupons were "old" and couldn't be honoured, but they'd give us two months free. This wasn't much of a value add because if you sign up for an appointment online, ADT gives you your first two months free anyway.

Now I work with sales people. I know what it can be like being the ham in the sandwich on this stuff so I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. So I called him back and left a message saying how "very disappointed" I was and that frankly I thought that if the coupons being "old" was an issue, here's a concept: put an expiry date on 'em.

The result?

$100 dollahs off our installation.

HUZAH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hayyyyyyyyy zesty whats really going on...

Anonymous said...

ADT is cool..I use to sell ADT systems for them..high tech systems...and most of all burglars know the name so they will think twice b4 tryna rob

adt peeps get a commission so he would have done whateva for your buisness