Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mojo Rising

Today was one of those rare days where nothing could go wrong for me. My mojo was workin' overtime. At the weekend, we had purchased a car for The Marine and a new computer hard drive as our other one completely crapped out. I'm still trying to get over the fact that the computer now takes 30 seconds to boot up instead of three minutes.

Today, I had to get everything for the car teed up as we're picking it up tomorrow. So, first thing was insurance. I give them all the details. "Hmmm...renovation you say, tools you say. This may be a commercial policy which we don't cover." My rep then comes back on the phone and says it was approved by the underwriting department, which was unusual apparently.

Next was the Ministry of Transportation. I had to get new ownership papers for Little Thunder issued. I'm giving her to Car Heaven, an organization that recycles car parts and gets older cars off the road. I'll get a tax receipt and do the environment some good at the same time. But I can't find my ownership papers ANYWHERE, and I have to sign the car over to Car Heaven or they won't take it.

I go to the Ministry. Their computer system is down, but they tell me an ownership re-issue is totally doable and costs only 10 bucks! Then they give me a form to complete for when I come back.

Then I headed over to City Hall for a temporary parking permit. We probably won't get Little Thunder away before The Marine gets his car, so I'd rather pay 15 dollar for a permit then $30 per ticket. So that went well too, although it continually boggles my mind how every city department has only ONE person working on a lunch hour.

But it was close by so I didn't mind too much. I must admit that working downtown has its perks. I even had time to drop into Trinity Church and check out the new Canadian Tire that just opened.

And to top it all off, a presentation I've been working on for our divisional strat session is due end of week instead of today! Woohoo!

No comments: