Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Great Moments In Bargain History

Friends, Romans is proud to present another installment of its exclusive series, Great Moments In Bargain History.

It's a double dizzle fer shizzle y'all.

First, I required a replacement Oral B electric toothbrush. I've had one for, oh I dunno, about 15 years that didn't charge up anymore because the battery went HOOYAH! Erring on the more frugal side, I thought that surely I could get a replacement battery and not have to get a whole new toothbrush package.

I was close. No new battery, but a new brush unit. Cost me $30.00 instead of the package cost of $114.00.

Advantage: Zesty.

We have also been in need of a toaster oven. The Marine McGyvered some wires so our old one could keep going. Yah, I know. Not the safest but we've religiously unplugged it when not being used.

Today I saw beautiful Oster Toaster ovens at Sears, and not only that, they were six slice capacity, enough to send the Marine to grilled cheese heaven. I've been researching them extensively and decided to go after work as even with Costco's omnipotence, they could only offer a 4 slice Oster for $69.99.

Said six slice was $89.99 with 15% off.

But wait. There's more.

As I entered Sears, a friendly voice said to ignore the rain outside and start our Christmas shopping. And to help out, the first hundred people would get a certificate worth $10 dollars in Sears Superbucks!

I like saying that. "Sears Superbucks." "Sears Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupaahbucks."










Grand total for the toaster oven, taxes in: $77.06.

HUZAH!

2 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

So I get a gift with a little of them there savings, right?

Right?

(crickets)

Hello?

indigo herself said...

girl, you do like a steal.