I felt so bad this morning. I slept in and didn't get to work until 9:40 a.m. My boss was all "whatevs" about it. I apologized for being late but he said "Well, you put in a lot of extra hours. It all works out in the end."
I so heart my boss.
With my exploits in sleep slutdom on Monday, I've been a little out of synch. I woke up at 4 a.m. yesterday and just stayed up, worked all day and then went to my friend Dallas' place for a great dinner. She made this amazing shrimp and tortellini dish with sundried tomato pesto. What I love about Dallas is that we don't see each other for months, but when we get together it's like we just spoke on the phone yesterday. Our conversations are always epic, ranging in topics both mundane and monolithic and after we're done, I feel like I've had a day at the spa.
I toddled home at 11:00 p.m. The Marine's now calling me "24 Hour Girl." Heh!
Today I had a minor triumph. Desperate for some new clothes I went out at lunch. It's now official. I'm a full fledge size 16 [down from a 20] and I can now fit into size 14 tops [formerly 1X]. So obviously my pilates is paying off bigtime. It was a really great feeling and well honestly, it was just great to get some new clothes. I still got my standard issue black pants, but I did throw in a nice mandarin cut blouse [black with red/white embroidery] new jeans and new pin stripe pants that are primarily brown.
Then I went to H&M and bought my niece Rosy this to-die-for pink cardigan with flowers on it. It reminded me of a light violet one I had at her age. Oh how I loved that sweater. It had flowers along the collar and I thought it was the pinnacle of style. I really thought I was something else in that sweater. I also got her a teal coloured cordouroy skirt.
God I just realized that my size 16 Ralph Lauren cords may truly fit once again. Will advise Dear Reader. Will advise.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, congrats on that.
Just don't shrink into oblivion.
Until after you buy my album.
Post a Comment