I spent the better part of this weekend vegging, sleeping and doing sinus rinses. Why you may ask? Because as per usual, I am battling off yet another infection.
I don't know what's going on here. I've had sinus trouble for going on two months now and it's frustrating. I cancelled two brunches this weekend so that I could sleep. I did manage to get to Pilates yesterday. I felt better afterwards, but I was sore and exhausted today and slept in until 12. It was all I could do to muster some tea this afternoon with the Duke, and that's because I hadn't seen him in over a month and was having no more it.
My pilates teacher thinks this is happening because my body wants me to slow down. She goes through a similar thing apparently everytime she gets to a new level physically. She'll get sick, or get injured and have to chill out for a bit, but when she comes back, she makes progress and improves.
I don't know how much slower I can go. But the heartening thing was that I hadn't lost much strength, just a bit of flexibility. I've chalked this latest infection up to a relatively stressful week, i.e. return to work, Cookie dying, fighting off a cold etc. Despite all this, on Tuesday I'm attending a wellness breakfast my company is sponsoring. It's being hosted by an organization who take couch potatoes and train them for marathons. I don't know if this is what they are doing for our company, but if so I'm going to do it, despite the fact that I know it will be tough and despite the fact that I will more than likely get ill during it.
I've always wanted to be able to run for miles and miles. This might be just what I need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dammit, listen.
Post a Comment