Tuesday, January 16, 2007

One Foot In Front of the Other

"And I ran, I ran so far away." - A Flock of Seagulls

So off I went to the wellness breakfast this morning. It was very interesting to say the least, which was heartening after the minor anxiety attack I experienced as I hammered on the door to reception trying to get somebody, anybody to see I was there and standing outside in minus eleven weather.

Yes the weather honeymoon we've been experiencing is definitely over. We've had no days below zero and whammo! Ice storm Monday and cool temps today. I bonded somewhat with Big Berry yesterday. Shuggy had to go to the vet to get his teeth cleaned. I tried not to dwell on the fact that Cookie was supposed to be at this appointment too. The snow and ice were lashing and it took me 15 minutes to get the car ready for the road. With my pilates class on Saturday my arms were screaming for mercy after all the scraping.

Agony y'all. Agony.

Anyway, the four wheel drive essentially paid for itself, plus I got every green light imaginable. That never happens, not even on a Sunday. Shugmiester and I were in full effect.

At any rate, this running club sounds like it might just be my cup of tea. You can power walk if you like. The whole idea is to just have women make a commitment to show up and work at their own level. It's a little out of the budget but I may do it anyway. It would probably help with my stress levels at the moment.

Work is the usual high responsibility/low autonomy mix I deal oh-so-well with and my sinuses rage on. Ultimately you can just do what you can. I'm keeping on keeping on. I made an appointment with my ENT doc for early February and I'm seeing my naturopath this week. I'm getting more sleep and not eating so much crap.

Oh and the Marine wanted me to show you this. It's a pick of Shuggy doing his best "aliens among us" imitation. I'd like to say the setting is from a horror film but it is in fact our basement. As for the bust, well the Marine has that penchant many men have for picking up things from the side of the road that people have tossed, because you know, a BUST is of so much use to us. Although he completely scared the living crap out of me one day by poking its head slowly around the fridge. That was pretty damn funny. In the end, the Marine took it to a friend in Kensington Market. They were ecstatic about having it. Funnily enough, I felt the same way about having it outta ma damn house.

No comments: