Monday, January 08, 2007

Godspeed Little Cookie

I had to have Cookie put to sleep this evening. After consulting with the cardiologist, it became obvious that there was little chance of a positive outcome, if you can call recovering slightly from progressive, irreversible heart failure for 2-3 months maximum "a positive outcome."

I know I did the right thing and I could tell by the look in his eyes that Cookie needed me to do the right thing.

But it still hurts like hell, and although he was just a cat, he meant the world to me.

I'll be back later this week reader.

3 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

My condolences.

Anonymous said...

Sorry luv!!
HAYYYY HAAY hAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been missiing your posts...hope you bounce back......and swing my way

Anonymous said...

I'm so so sorry to read this. It's amazing how cats just give you that look when they're done.

:: hugs ::