So I overreacted somewhat.
Thursday night I came home to find Lolly on the couch, extremely lethargic. Of course, given recent history I immediately thought the worst and with Jerry having to go into the vet for a recheck next day, I had a bit of a minor meltdown.
Making a commitment to care for an animal or animals is just part of the deal, but some clusterf*cks are inevitable and I really felt I just couldn't handle one more unforeseen sickness and expense. It's silly really. That's life and it will happen.
Lolly ended up being fine, more than likely fighting off a cold, or just a bit wrung out with Jerry chasing him. This is why I had Jerry rechecked, because aggression is usually a sign that all is not well.
Turns out I was right. Our old friend FIV has struck again and given Jerry's immune deficiency, he has some dental issues that are causing him some serious aggro. If I had two teeth that needed to come out, I'd be pretty crusty too. He's now on antibiotics and will go back on Thursday to get fixed up.
I got a call the other day. Cookie's ashes are ready.
I don't want to pick them up.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have the ashes from three of our pets, two dogs and a cat, who died over an 18 month span. Inside their polished wooden boxes, the dogs adorn the mantle and the cat sits on a secretary shelf. I dust them occasionally. Doesn't seem nearly as morbid as I thought it would be when I first brought them home.
Hope your flock is soon on an even keel. Sounds like they are lucky to own you.
Suzanne
Post a Comment