Monday, May 14, 2007

Big Berry is Back

Today ended on a high note. Lord only knows it could have only improved.

I went to my osteopath first thing. That was good and he got the ache out of my left wrist that I'd had for two weeks. But afterwards, I had to change into my office clothes and when I knocked on the bathroom door some guy said "hello?" and I said "Oh sorry." and waited.

And I just knew.

Sure enough, dude had dropped a caramel and the STANK Y'ALLl!! Damn well smelled like something had crawled up and died inside that dude!

So then I get on the subway and get to work and today was ok although I was tired and really struggled to get anything meaningful done. I wish I was paid to just show up and look pretty yah know?

Anyhow on the upswing, the Marine got paid a day early and he called and said he was taking Big Berry to the mechanic's. He called a while later and said that the mechanic thought a cover of something was lose but he was going to check. Two hours later it was ready, but the receptionist seemed confused and as I am also easily confused I asked aforementioned Marine to meet me there as I was unsure if we in fact had to pay, cause on the call the price went from $300 to free in about 30 seconds.

The Marine tells me to call when I'm on the bus platform at Dundas West so we can drive up together. After 40 minutes of hell, I of course completely forget my conversation with the Marine and get right on the bus and then call. So the Marine says he'll meet me at the auto shop. Then I get off one stop early and it starts to really pour with rain and I get soaked.

But it didn't matter, cause I was getting my wheels back. I admit it. I'm a public transit pussy. Two weeks of people's inane cell phone yammering, loudmouth convos, smells, coughs, shoves and other general depredations has threatened to send me over the edge.

Thank God it is mercifully over. And the car repair was free! SNAP!

1 comment:

The Brown Blogger said...

Glad you got your car back. I got a few more weeks to go.

That public transportation shit...
Not.
Any.
More.