Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Brain Drain and Lil Buddies

I ended today on a somewhat sour note. I'd had a day full of meetings and my brain was just fried. In fact, my boss and I were supposed to meet at 3 and as he was in most of my meetings today, he asked if we could reschedule. Needless to say I was more than happy to oblige.

As I have wheels again, I decided to go into Sears and see if I could get some clothes, but for some reason, I just couldn't go to the Plus size section. It makes me feel like I did when I was a kid. While all the other girls got to wear cool Road Runner jeans, I had to get clothes in the Pretty Plus section and they just seemed lamer than what the other girls wore.

I've never enjoyed shopping for clothes.

So despite the fact that what I have is essentially threadbare and I wear the same three outfits a week, I just to hell with it and went to the grocery store to get some dinner. The Marine was planning on going to his martial arts class [although later on he decided not to go, thwarting my desire to have an evening filled of cheesey girly television shows - curses!]

I stumbled across a product call Lil Buddies. It a chocolate icecream sandwich but it's made with soy milk, has all natural ingredients, not too much sugar, more carob than cocao and it's fat free! Between that and my organic pizza I did well. Still, I picked up a copy of People's latest as the cover article features people who've lost more than 100 pounds.

Sometimes you just need some inspiration when your destination seems so far away.

3 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

Okay... So can I be the drill seargent dude that yells at you to help you reach said goals.

I have experience and can really be a live motivator.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm lil buddies guess its a canada thing....
I'm sure you will enjoy shopping again in the near future...U seem to have determination just as long as you keep your goal in focus

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Operation Pudge Nudge? You ca-razy!!!!