Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Just Like Brian Wilson Did

I've basically been in bed since Saturday afternoon.

The weekend started off with glorious weather and although a little tired, the Marine and I went to The Victory Cafe for brunch. We wanted to go somewhere we hadn't tried before and it didn't disappoint.

Saturday was also Yard Sale Heaven, so of course the Marine was in his element. We stopped at a couple and the Marine scored a beautiful singer sewing machine for 15 dollars. It's perfect for him because he likes to get work pants second hand because they're basically trashed within two weeks, but he always needs to shorten them or let them out or whatever.

Or as the Marine would put it: "Sewing machine. Lose 2 hetero points."

So we got back, and by about 2 pm, I could not, I mean COULD NOT keep my eyes open. I went to bed and have basically been there ever since, rising only for "the essentials", the odd bit of telly and emailing my work to let them know I won't be in. It's only been today that I've felt somewhat human again.

The only thing I can put it down to is my sinusitis, because the trees are blooming and the air is full of crap. Granted it's all natural, cycle of life, pollenascious stuff, but as far as my nostrils are concerned, it's crap. The front of my face feels like it's been roto rootered.

And I'm exhausted. Now I know why last week I felt so draggy. But I feel as if my sinus spidey sense was off. I should have seen this coming but I didn't. I should have realized that with my mum in hospital and my work schedule being what they are that something was up when my appetite started to plummet. But I put it down to coming out of the winter blues, being busy of late, needing a break whatever, not my sinuses.

Maybe it's all of that.

I just don't do "sick" well. I don't mean to imply that everybody else loves it, but by default I end up infusing it with more meaning than it has. I need to actively work to remind myself that I will get well again and not be so down about the fact that I'm not 100% cause even when I'm 100% it's not 100% if you know what I'm talking about. [I know Ragdoll and Hassan do] I just get this sinking feeling that I am losing even more time than I already have.

I wonder sometimes when I'll have more energy for something other than my job. There it is. I said it.

I mean I love my job and I love the people I work with, but damn, this livin' weekend to weekend shit has got to go. There is so much more I want to do and be.

So I'm retrenching, and starting to look at my diet first and get that cleaned up. Then I'm going to exercise more.

Well that's the plan now that I've finally emerged from bed. Baby steps y'all. Baby steps.

1 comment:

indigo herself said...

i can totally relate. baby steps are harder than you think, it is so hard to change, to get out of the rut. you can do it girl. if your body is telling you to rest, it is good to listen.