Thursday, November 20, 2008

Musings

Early morning. Woke up as usual. I wish I could stop doing this. I wish I could sleep through an entire night.

Yesterday we had our first official snow fall of, well, the fall. I love the quiet of falling snow, the way it imposes itself on sound and muffles the city's harsher noises. I just really wish the snow hadn't come the day before I have to head uptown for a dentist's appointment this morning.

I'm just tired. I've spent most of this week in a fog, really tired of all the work I have to do in my current resource vacuum. I find myself in my usual holding the fort mode. Twas ever thus and frankly I'm sick of it, but in this current economy, I'm happy just to have a job.

Additionally, I had a great meeting last week. I got a referral to one of the top voice over shops in the city and the prospects are very good that I can transition my career within the next two years.

Ironically my only saving grace this week has been my workouts. Despite how tired and achy I have been, I am feeling a lot better and I like carving out that time just for me, even if I am spending most of it sweating and making my muscles beg for mercy.

No comments: