Starting to feel better now that the antibiotics are kicking in. Was reading in the paper today though about two things that haunted me throughout the day.
The first was an article in the Toronto Star about how the situation in The Congo continues to deteriorate.
The second was about Adam Walsh and how the police feel they can now make a definitive determination about who killed and decapitated him. Adam Walsh was six years old when he was taken and killed by Ottis Toole. Adam was the son of John Walsh, host of America's Most Wanted.
I looked at both the video of John Walsh talking about his son, and a picture of two Congolese boys sobbing as they searched for their parents. [According to the article, of the six million people who have died in the Congo since 1996, half of them have been children 5 or under.]
I would really like to say something profound and insightful here, but frankly I can't. I can't even begin to imagine how John Walsh or those Congolese boys feel contending with their respective circumstances, and frankly, I hope to Christ I never do.
I'm just thankful that there are organizations that are trying to help in these awful situations, and I'm going to do my best to help them. I am very blessed, in too many respects to count.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment