I hate lost causes. It's just not in my nature to quit and walk away from things. It's why I tried for so long to to be an actress. It's why I still live in my wreck of a house, because I honestly believe I'll have enough money to fix it up one day.
But with people I struggle. I have a tendency to think too well of people and sometimes don't necessarily see what's really going on. Or I do see what's going on but think a situation will change, that some revelation will alter the course of events.
It's hard to move on. It's hard to completely walk away sometimes. There's this unreasonable part of me that will forever believe most situations are salvageable and can be wrapped up nicely and neatly.
But not always. Endurance has its merits. But it can sometimes be an act of cowardice to keeping slapping a smile on your face and pretending everything's ok.
Monday, January 09, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment