I was a little shocked today to find myself looking a bit forward to going back to work on Monday. I don't like my job. It's far too boring. But I do like the people I work with and the sense of progress that getting back into the swing of things gives. It makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere.
Key areas that I've decided to focus on in 2017 are my body and my job situation. I want to lose another 20-30 pounds depending on what's healthy for me and I want to get a new job where I can make more money and do work I find gratifying.
I think part of my problem in this area is that I've always thought work should feel like work. Enjoying it almost feels sacrilegious and I'm now beginning to believe that this mindset has hurt me a great deal. How do I change this? This is a question I need to address.
I think in many ways, I hold myself back. Nobody else, no other thing is in my way but me oftentimes. I want to dig deeper into this mindset this year. I want to understand why I have it and solve it.
I'm also focusing on making my life more comfortable and comforting. My home needs to feel less like something I put up with. And it's getting there. I've made a ton of progress. But one thing I did treat myself to yesterday was a Sterns and Foster pillow and may I just say by God and all the Saints this is literally one of the best things I've ever bought. I had a great night's sleep.
Today I picked up two humidifiers for the house as there is no amount of moisturizer that will help my parched skin. It's winter and the heating is going full bore and there's only so much to be done by slathering on thick creams. I was able to get a couple of super quiet ultrasonic models from Home Depot today and to my delight, the gift card my lovely neighbour had given me earlier this year covered most of the cost.
Here's to less static, on a number of fronts this year.
Saturday, January 07, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment