Well, given that The Florence Four have now returned from their exercise in decadence, I decided it was my turn. Milan? Rome? Venice you ask?
Try, Rocco's Plum Tomato on Queensway.
But the locale was unimportant; the company was. Tonight I had a great dinner with "Dallas", my friend of many years. She's special in the way The Guru and Ragdoll and the Duke are special. She's a friend who understands me in ways no one else can.
She's been going through a very similar transition to myself, asking serious questions about where she is in life, trying to connect with herself physically and get stronger. She's been working out religiously for the last three months with a personal trainer, a former CFL player no less. She was telling me about how hard it can be to keep working out sometimes.
Yah. I'm sure it's REALLY tough getting motivated. Hell, put that CFL player in a speedo and I'd be an instant tri-athlete. (Hey y'all, I'm in a committed relationship. I ain't dead.)
My conversation with Dallas ran the gamut: new jobs, future plans, recent high school encounters, workplace wingnuts. And Dallas makes me laugh. She can be so self-deprecating about her need to control things sometimes, her complete intolerance of ineptitude, her low crap threshold in general.
Sometimes, there is nothing more satisfying than dinner with a friend, and a fully exhausted conversation at the end of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment