Tuesday, September 06, 2005

True Confessions

As part of a continuing series, Friends, Romans presents another installment of:

TRUE CONFESSIONS

  1. In the summer of my 16th year, I had my first office job. The office was close to both my parents' respective offices and they would take turns picking me up. One night while waiting for my mother, a lady pulled into the parking lot behind me, u-turned and stopped in the lane way to my right. I assumed she needed directions. Of course, I realized I was wrong when she said "Excuse me. But your skirt's stuck in your pantyhose."

    I of course thanked her, and then silently prayed for a lightening bolt to take me on the spot.

    I think "stuck in your pantyhose" doesn't quite cut it. "Wadded into a ball and stuffed in completely" might more adequately describe my state. And funnily enough, it was a searing July day. Everyone was complaining about the heat. As I was leaving to wait for my mother, I walked across the parking lot of the complex I worked in and thought to myself "What a bunch of whiners. It's not that bad." Obviously, I was unaware of my built in air conditioning.

    But perhaps what's most disturbing is that I went to the washroom after lunch, which means I was walking around my office in this state for the better part of an afternoon

    To this day, I can't wear a skirt and go to the bathroom without double checking when I'm done.

2 comments:

indigo herself said...

youch, that's bad. but funny! i once wore this silky chinese shirt that i couldn't really feel with nylons on. as i walked across washington park, the skirt slipped to my knees and i didn't even notice until a homeless woman started laughing and pointing in my direction. thankfully i also had a long-ish trench coat on.

Anonymous said...

I have told that story to so many people over the years...it's one of my most favourite embarrassing moments that happened to somebody else (thank god!). As I remember it, I was in the car too, and your cheeks were scarlet (the ones on your face that is!). Thanks for sharing...keep 'em coming.