If I were running the world, I would have it rain only between 2 and 5 a.m. Anyone who was out then ought to get wet." --- William Lyon Phelps
We've officially gotten our first thunderstorm of the summer. I'm talking bonifide thunderstorm. All the elements were in place today: air lush with humidity, thunderheads, warm air, smackin' lightening with a good loud roll in the sky afterwards and rain that pounds the top of the window air conditioning unit at the same tempo as the indoor shower.
I realized today that I am truly and completely fried. But I see no point in taking vacation until my site launches are over. Otherwise I'll just be at home worrying about it so what's the point? I'm taking Shuggy to the vet tomorrow though. He's doing alright and I just didn't have it this morning. Just really needed to get up, get ready and go to work like a normal person.
I ditched pilates today too and I'm glad I did. It was one of those days where I could feel myself bordering on empty. At lunch I went out for a walk and ended up following some "antique warehouse" signs I'd seen. It ended up being nothing to write home about, although I did see a nice art deco side table. I also stumbled across a lot of beautiful wild flowers in Liberty Village. Almost makes me want to get in the car and go pilfer them, but I won't. I also stumbled across a bunch of hollyhocks, which have been eluding my garden for two years. I think I have some this year, but I need to see them bloom to see what they turn into. I'm going to go back and see if I can get a picture of those hollyhocks for you. There really were something to see.
Lunch today was truly exceptional. A chicken breast and a tub of fresh cut pineapple chunks. Thank the Good Lord it's a long weekend coming up AND a pay day. I need to get all over menu planning and grocery shopping big time.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment