Monday, June 26, 2006

Operation Pudge Nudge: At Last, Some Progress

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy.
---- Marie Curie


I'm now into my second week of avoiding food I'm allergic to and I'm amazed at the changes already.

Within two weeks I've noticed a number of things going on such as:

I'm losing weight.
My hands aren't cold all the time.
I don't have indigestion every time I eat
I don't have phlegm every time I eat
I sleep better
I think better

And I find that if I deviate, woe betide me. I was at The Guru's on Sunday for a long overdue catch up gab and had some cantaloupe. I thought it was ok because I had confused it with honeydew. Anyway, by the time I got home I was incredibly tired and in a foul mood for the rest of the night. I didn't quite feel myself again until this afternoon.

Plus it's not like eating this way is hard, but it is inconvenient. Last week I had canned salmon and beans for lunch. It was completely heinous. So a bit more planning is in order. Still, despite the odd bad lunch, it's been completely worth it if the initial results are anything to go by.

2 comments:

Warren G said...

Wow that's good news! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Oh no...sorry to hear about the canteloupe. But you are doing so great! Keep it up. I guess that now confirms it...Canteloupe, Honedew, Pam Anderson...guess all melons aren't created equal!