Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh How I Hate To Get Up In The Morning

"Oh! How I Hate To Get Up In The Morning,
Oh! How I'd love to remain in bed
For the hardest blow of all is to hear the bugler call:
'You've got to get up, you've got to get up,
You've got to get up this morning!'"

Someday I'm going to murder the bugler
Someday they're going to find him dead
I'll amputate his reveille and stomp upon it heavily
And spend the rest of my life in bed! "
---- By Irving Berlin


"Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your mother-in-law." - Japanese Proverb

This is turning into the week of marathon mornings.

Monday - slept in, way too late, had no change for the bus. Walk up to main intersection by my house to get cash. I'm hoping I can get bus tickets at the convenience store across the street. If not, I'm taking a cab. Get to bank machine. Pull out wallet. See I already have cash. Go to convenience store. Have annoying clerk tell me I'm so pretty that he usually doesn't have bus tickets but for me he does, but he has to charge me more, cause I'm so pretty. Yadda yadda yadda. I say "Bye." He says "Merry Christmas."

Fuck off.

No streetcar is presenting itself going eastbound, therefore I have to walk over to next major intersection to get my bus to work. End up being somewhat on time walking in with two other colleagues.

Tuesday - Get up way too early to go for physical with doctor who is way in the north end of town. Fortunately it's raining, which means the Marine can't go to his framing gig so he drives me up. Go for physical - and in late breaking Pudge Nudge News, it's official. I lost four pounds! - also get what Ragdoll refers to as "the ol' ftttt! fttttt!" All the ladies know what I'm talking about.

Get bus back downtown, but not the one to the subway which is faster. Eventually get to downtown core. Have time to kill so I look for the Conde Naste Traveller magazine I saw at the Guru's house. It's now off the shelves. Go to bank machine. Get cash. Go to book store to see if they have magazine. End up buying a super cheap book by the How Clean Is Your House ladies. I also get a puzzle book about fairies for my niece Rosy.

Go get cup of tea. Bump into two co-workers from old gig. They were both let go in the purge that seems to have no end. Say bye to them and go off to read book for a while. Five minutes before appointment at bank realize that I've lost my umbrella. Go back to back machine. Nada. Check in with building security. Nada. Go back to book store even though I don't even remember having it there. Bingo!

Go to bank appointment. Get lunch at deli. Get on streetcar and arrive at work.

Thank Christ I took a half day's vacation.

Wednesday - Have to take Shuggy into the vet via cab so they can get a urine sample. He's not been well and his creatinine levels are up so they need to check him out. Will then leave Shuggles at vet and then take streetcar into work.

Here's to Thursday.

No comments: