

Our first stop was the lovely little town of Elora.



It ain't exactly Martha's Vineyard, but it comes pretty damn close. It was a perfect summer's day; no humidity, low 20's and unrelenting sunshine.
OH. MAH. GUH! A CHEMTRAIL!!!
Is it a coincidence that this was picture number 13 in my camera??
The flowers were beautiful too.

I thought this last one was rather touching, even though they are not real flowers. As a former Girl Guide, I was pleased see to we had left a wreath at the local legion.
It was Canada Day so Elora was bustling. At one point we ran into an elderly couple who were looking for a hot dog bbq. They were done up in their red and white finery. The other great thing about summer holidays is that the vintage cars come out.

We stopped in a lovely antique shop where I was obsessed with a white marble paper weight shaped like a mushroom. Don't ask me why. It also had some lovely door accessories. This is probably the only time in my life that I'll be able to say without a trace of irony "Great knockers."
We also scored at the thrift shop. The Marine got a small carved Chinese oyster.

I didn't take the best pictures of this but you get the idea. The Marine got it for 25 cents. He then found a similar one online being sold for $110.00!!!!
I got this lovely plant pot for $3.00. I'm going to use it in my office as I don't have plants at home due to the cats.
We then went and checked out the Elora Mill and the gorge.

After picking up some birthday presents for my niece, who is seven this August [going on 40], we hit the road again for the bustling metropolis of Elmira.
Here's the sign:
DOH!
Quite a lovely little place actually.


Then it was off to St. Joseph's for some grub.
I was hoping to get a hot dog. I was not disappointed.
This is a rather heartening contradiction I think. Far too often in life, the buns are too big and the wieners are too small. It's nice to know this is not always the case.
St. Joseph's is a lovely town.
We then headed to the 401 via Waterloo/Kitchener. How does a street get to be called "Erb" exactly?
I liked this church:
Coming back into the city was spectacular. There were sailboats on Lake Ontario everywhere you looked. I tried to get a snap shot of them but I don't think it turned out too well.
And that was our Canada Day road trip.
1 comment:
Nice indeed.
Post a Comment