Today has been heavy and sluggish with near constant rain since last night. The humidity has at least loosened its clutches, and I'm able to sit in our office and type without the a/c on. Ragdoll and I had a good day yesterday, our first girly day in absolute ages where we drove around, engaged in unrepentent shopping and had a fabulous lunch out.
We also had a moment of unplanned hilarity at the check out counter at Homesense.
Ragdoll spotted a rather interesting red glass statue in the shape of a round rooster. She said "Hey Zesty, isn't this neat?" at which point a male voice behind me bellowed "I'm buying that." to which Ragdoll, not missing a beat replied "I.Know. I'm just saying it's nice." All said with a smile, of course. Advantage: Ragdoll.
Then we checked out the discount garden kiosk in the parking lot. It was all I could do not to buy the painted wrought iron Rooster that was two feet tall, and march back into the store declaring "F*ck you buddy! We got our own damn rooster!"
Anyway, today's unrelenting agenda has consisted so far of takeaway banana pancakes and general relaxation. I'll be watching a movie later on this afternoon. I love hunkering down on a rainy day, and I need something to keep me occupied while the Marine is out of town. I can't tell you how much I've been missing him; it's like a hole in my heart.
I also need to plan my new gluten free regime. But more on that later
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
dN was away this weekend too, so i can relate to the bit about a hole in your heart. one of the highlights of my weekend was watching moonstruck. love that movie.
Gluten-free? Really? I know a few blogs - comemnt on my blog or email me if you are interested.
Post a Comment