"Why is it that every f*&ked up cop lives on a boat?" - Ragdoll's commentary on Pride and Glory
Has it really been a week? Really?
Well not sure how that happened but I can only put it down to daylight savings time. I dragged my ass into work all week, essentially negating any sleep catch up I gained from my vacation. Still, I've continued to feel good, if a bit worn out. I'm looking forward to spring, to the tulips that are now just poking up through the soil, to warm breezes.
In other news, the Guru got engaged! I've been hunting high and low for a "congrats on your engagement" card. Do you think I can find this anywhere? Of course not. Call me old school, but some things just warrant a little bit more than a posting on someone's Facebook wall, so I'll need to keep looking.
Had my second sleep test on Friday night. This time my technician was named Vasily. He's from Belarus and has been in Canada for 20 years. I like to chat with the technicians, especially during my Borg assimilation procedure where they paste all the electrodes on my head. I originally had my test scheduled for Thursday, but it got moved to Friday because I was the only one booked. Thank God it did get moved because I had an awful night's sleep and going into work would have been hell. Utter. Hell.
Ahem.
So that basically screwed up my sleep quite a bit, not to mention the fact that I didn't exercise on Friday. I'm not gonna put my trainer's business out there, but suffice it to say she had a family emergency so we weren't working out. Seriously, it's been a gauntlet run for that chick. But this weekend I was able to get some more clutter busting done. We managed to get to Value Village and the Toronto Humane Society, but alas, we were defeated by the St. Patrick's Day parade and couldn't get leftover magazines to Princess Margaret hospital. The Marine gave me props for trying, but I was too tired and just didn't have the killer instincts you need when you're driving in those kind of conditions.
I ended my weekend at Ragdoll's house for dinner. She makes a mean cod and brussel sprouts and it was nice to see each other in the flesh after such a long time.
I'm getting a bit more into the swing of things at work. I'm still fighting the boredom factor, but I'm just focusing my energies on being thankful for a job - period. As for workouts, they start again on Wednesday. It'll be tough, but I just have to keep going at this point.
Here's something else I stumbled across on Daily Beast, an interesting article by John Forté on his stint in prison. What I like even more is his version of Running Up That Hill. I usually consider Kate Bush sacred, but I really loved this.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment