"One year isn't ten." - my maternal Grandmother
Today ended up being one of the best days I've had in ages. Granted it didn't start off too well in that my trainer was sick again and slept through her alarm. She felt so bad when she called me to cancel our session. It's so unlike her, but she's been having a rough time of it lately. I said we could easily regroup and we'd both had pretty tough winters so not to worry about it, that we'd get back on track.
She laughed and said I sounded like her.
At any rate, I got some much appreciated extra sleep and went into work a little sleepy headed but overall feeling pretty good. I had a real gauntlet to run meeting wise but I felt today like things were finally starting to sink into my brain in terms of my job and that overall, we're starting to get into a groove as a department. I have to keep reminding myself that our lovely interns leave at the end of April. They just have such great personalities and already feel so much a part of our workplace. I'll be sorry to see them go.
About this time last year, I was doing Act II of my play! I remember that week, how exhausting and exciting it was all at the same time. I'm amazed at how much I've been able to change in my life since then, but at the same time it doesn't feel like a surprise. I remember feeling like that play was a new beginning for me. The whole experience had a special quality to it and I remember thinking at the time that if I could get back on my feet in terms of acting again, I could get back on my feet in other ways. Suddenly, other things just seemed, at their purest level, possible.
And if you had told me last year that I'd be in the situation I am now at work, I don't know if I would have believed you. I've gone from being on my own in the physical outreaches of a building, trying to do the job of two people whilst working with an employee who resented my being there, to being in a skylit pod area, brightly painted and fully staffed with just my job to do.
I've gotten a demo done, and today managed to get in touch with two voice over agents who asked me to pass it on to them via email.
I physically feel better than I have in years.
I'm on a merciless clutter busting purge.
I'm eating and sleeping well and feel better able to take care of myself.
I'm on top of things for the first time in ages.
Normal life. What a concept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
inspiring!
Post a Comment