So in keeping in line with the recurring theme in my life of mechanical apparatus going completely tits up, my blog about Sunday is nowhere to be found. It would seem that my files and I just barely got out alive. Then again, the laptop is over 10 years old. I should be grateful it still turns on.
Anyway, I discovered that The Guru's talents are not only limited to yoga. She is also an excellent teacher of 5-speed. Granted, I do think some natural talent played a role, as I had mastered it in about 10 minutes or so. Then we went on a drive. Funny, driving's so much more complicated when stop signs are involved.
Once I got the hang of things and practiced being on hills, we went on the highway. How ironic when we passed a Shifters car. This is a driving school recently featured in the Toronto Star that teaches five speed. So of course the Guru and I start wailing with laughter as I became pretty much competent in about half an hour and FA FREE! I then uttered an expletive riddled sentence in the direction of the Shifters car, the meaning of which was essentially, "How do you like them apples?!"
Before brunch we stopped at my house where I returned a call to my father. Imagine my shame when I discovered that right at that very moment, the Guru's dad was there dropping off illegally copied DVD's. Truly, the illicit Glaswegian underworld is alive and well. I shall, however, not turn anyone in to the authorities as I'd like to watch the DVD's too.
The Guru and I then went to brunch where I bitched about Thursday at my job. And in the end what happened?
Well it was like nothing happened, because contest entry results are 100% higher than the last contest they had.
Yeah that's right. On my watch y'all.
Who's yo mama?
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment