So last night I went to a very chi-chi-frou-frou party for Flare magazine. It was at Flow, which last time I was in Yorkville was a Movenpick. Actually last time I was in the parking lot Ragdoll and I went to I was working at another company.
Seems like a lifetime ago. Thank God it is.
So there I was in my black jacket hanging out with the uber-fashionistas and well cocktailed feeling like "Yup. They're hush puppies y'all". I thoroughly enjoyed my club soda.
Then a VP at Rogers who has one of those lovely English "to the manor born" accents told us about the year that was. Then the editor spoke.
Then the chick who was the last woman standing on INXS Rock Star did a set with her guitarist, or "emoter boy" as we called him. He was doing that scrunchy rock face all the time. Puh. Leez. But the singer was really quite good.
Then came the important part, the door prize. As the bucket of business cards was being taken to the front, I berated Ragdoll into obtaining one from her purse and at the very last moment, popped it into the bucket with a level of panache not seen since the Ice Capades of the 1980's.
The result. Ragdoll won a prize of course. A $250.00 gift certificate for Yorkdale mall.
Well.
Looks like my work here is done.
Friday, November 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment