Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Royal

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis
Meet me at the fair,
Don't tell me the lights are shining
Any place bu there,
We will dance the Hoochee Koochee
I will be your tootsie wootsie
Meet me in St. Louis, Louis
Meet me at the fair.
--- Title Song of the 1944 film, incomparably sung by Judy Garland

So, because of changed plans, I ended up having time after all to go the Royal Winter Fair with my Mother Effy, Sister Myrtle and niece Rosy.

Needless to say, Rosy was excited so we reminded her of the rules that Franklin the Turtle so rightly points out in Franklin goes to the Museum: No running. No shouting. Stay with the group.

Well. Various sheep, goats, cows and a 1000 pound pumpkin later, I had become a victim of the magic vaporizing family.

I called my sister's cell phone and left a message on where I was. She called me back and told me they'd meet up with me in about five minutes.

Sure enough, they arrived. Rosy then declared in a voice loud enough for everyone to hear

"ZESTY! YOU DIDN'T STAY WITH THE GROUP!"

My sister pointed out, however, that I had been very smart in staying in the same place.

"Yes." said Rosy in a withering tone that barely concealed her contempt for my ineptitude.

Kids. Gotta love 'em.

No comments: